Palazzina Cinese, façade
|Alternative names||Real Casina alla Cinese|
|Status||now used as a museum|
|Client||Ferdinand III of Bourbon|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Giuseppe Venanzio Marvuglia|
The Chinese Palace (Italian: Palazzina Cinese), also known as Real Casina alla Cinese, is a former royal residence of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies designed in the style of Chinoiserie. It is located in Palermo, inside the park of La Favorita. The Ethnographic Museum of Sicily, named after Giuseppe Pitrè, is located in one of the Palace's guesthouse.
The building was designed in 1799 by the architect Giuseppe Venanzio Marvuglia on commission by the King Ferdinand III of Sicily. The ruler had previously bought land and a house that was Chinese in design, belonging to the Baron Benedetto Lombardo and designed by Marvuglia himself. The architectural complex and its garden were completed between 1800 and 1806.
In 1860, as a result of the Unification of Italy, the residence passed to the House of Savoy. Then, it became the property of the Comune of Palermo and has been converted into a museum. Casino along i 80.
Real Casina Cinese in Palermo Real Casina alla Cinese in Palermo ID 374601. Real Casina Cinese in Palermo Real Casina alla Cinese in Palermo ID 374993. Real Casina Cinese, Palermo. 874 likes 27 talking about this 1,213 were here. Meravigliosa casina in stile cinese realizzata nel 1799 dall’architetto palermitano Giuseppe Marvuglia su commissione. As for the couple’s bedroom, what had been a plain-Jane, white-walled space is now a chinoiserie fantasy, sparked by such romantic capriccios as Palermo’s delirious Casina Cinese. Palazzina Cinese The Chinese Palace, also known as Real Casina alla Cinese, is a former royal residence of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies designed in the style of Chinoiserie.
The apartments of the Palace are distributed on three floors. On the first floor there are the reception hall, a dining room and the bedroom of the King. On the second floor there is the apartment of the Queen Maria Carolina of Austria. On the third floor there's an octagonal terrace covered like a pagoda.
The building is decorated with paintings and frescoes of Giuseppe Velazquez, Vincenzo Riolo and other artists.
Frescoes with Chinoiserie, Giuseppe Velazquez
Fresco, Giuseppe Velazquez
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palazzina cinese (Palermo).|
- ^ abc'Storia della Palazzina Cinese - Official site of the La Favorita Park'. Archived from the original on 2018-05-16.
- (in Italian)Image gallery
- (in Italian)History of the palace - Provincia Regionale di Palermo
Coordinates: 38°10′00″N13°19′49″E / 38.1666°N 13.3304°E
Notable Places in the Area
Sicilian Ethnographic Museum Giuseppe PitrèThe Sicilian Ethnographic Museum Giuseppe Pitrè is a museum in Palermo, Italy.The museum has two… Photo: Wikimedia, CC BY 3.0.
Stadio Renzo BarberaStadio Renzo Barbera is a football stadium in Palermo, Italy. Stadio Renzo Barbera is situated 2 km southeast of Palazzina Cinese. Photo: Hammersfan, CC BY-SA 3.0.
Teatro di VerduraTeatro di Verdura is situated 730 metres southeast of Palazzina Cinese. Photo: Robitabu, CC BY-SA 3.0.
Fontana d'ErcoleFontana d'Ercole is situated 470 metres northeast of Palazzina Cinese. Photo: Robitabu, CC BY-SA 3.0.
Localities in the Area
ZENZona Espansione Nord, also known as ZEN or San Filippo Neri, is an economically deprived quarter on the northern outskirts of Palermo, Sicily.
MondelloMondello is a small borough of the city of Palermo in the autonomous region of Sicily in Southern Italy. Mondello is situated 4½ km north of Palazzina Cinese.
BellolampoBellolampo is situated 6 km southwest of Palazzina Cinese. Photo: Formica rufa, CC BY-SA 4.0.
- Type: Tourist attraction
- Description: building in Palermo, Italy
- Category: building
- Location: Palermo, Palermo, Sicily, Italy, Europe
|38.1668° or 38° 10' 0.3' north|
Longitude13.3304° or 13° 19' 49.3' east
|42 metres (138 feet)|
OpenStreetMap IDway 685468668
Also Known As
- Dutch: Palazzina Cinese
- Esperanto: Ĉina Palaceto
- French: Palais chinois de Palerme
- French: palais chinois de Palerme
- German: Palazzina Cinese
- Hebrew: פאלאצינה צ'ינזה
- Italian: Casina Cinese
- Italian: Palazzina Cinese (Palermo)
- Italian: Palazzina Cinese
- Piemontese: Palass cinèis
- Spanish: Palazzina Cinese
In the Area
- San LorenzoSuburb
- Stadio delle PalmeStadium, 1½ km southeast
- Velodromo Paolo BorsellinoRacetrack, 1½ km northwest
- Santuario di Santa RosaliaChurch, 2 km east
- Mount PellegrinoSummit, 2 km east
- Hotel Residence Casena dei ColliHotel, 720 metres south
- Santuario di Santa RosaliaReligious site, 2 km east
- Mondello Sul GolfoHotel, 2½ km north
- Villa Bonocore Maletto Hotel&SpaHotel, 2½ km west
Explore Your World
- Palace of MoncloaPalace, Community of Madrid, Spain
- Abdulah PalacePalace, Punjab, Pakistan
- Tamnak Chao Mae Kuan Im Maha PhotisatPalace, Thailand
- Villa Pisani Ferri La RoccaPalace, Vicenza, Veneto
- Casino MacríPalace, Calabria, Italy
- Possenhofen CastleCastle, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
Popular Destinations in PalermoTourists don't know where they've been, travellers don't know where they're going.- Paul Theroux
Escape to a Random Place
Real Casina Cinese
|Mount Aspiring National ParkNew Zealand||SofiaBulgaria|