Thanks for your interest in the Banking Litigation NQ position. Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 38 open jobs by clicking here. Litigation/Arbitration/FS Litigation Lawyer NQ-3.US FIRM. London (Greater) (GB) £125,000 - £180,000; Eximius Law; A top-paying US firm is looking for a dispute resolution lawyer to join their London office. The firm has a strong international presence, excellen. BCL are currently working with a national firm based in Swindon who are seeking an NQ-2 PQE commercial litigation solicitor to join their successful disputes team. The role: - You will be working on a range of disputes such as insolvency, contract, corporate and some IP disputes but will be tasked to look at social care too. What you'll need to succeed You should be a lawyer at NQ level who has gained 6 months' experience in IP during your training contract. Alternatively, you will be a newly qualified solicitor with strong academics and a genuine desire to specialise in IP litigation.
“Do you have any questions?”
3 slot video card. As queries go, it sounds innocuous enough. It usually signals that your interview is drawing to a close. And if you’ve successfully hurdled an interrogation about your ambitions, experience and qualities as a team player you may be tempted to relax.
Big mistake. How you respond to this question may tip the balance in your favour, or send you straight to the top of the ‘no’ pile.
Saying you think the interviewer has covered everything is very rarely the right option. Much as you may want to shake hands, grab your coat and get out of there while the going is good you should ask something before you leave.
Nq Litigation Jobs London
The questions you raise should serve one or more of three purposes:
- Show that you have done your homework about the firm and the role in question
- Demonstrate that you are interested in the firm and your potential career there
- Establish that the firm is the right fit for you in terms of its values and ambitions
With that in mind, here are 11 questions that you could ask at your NQ job interview. Having said that, don’t ask one that has already been answered. Good listening skills are a prerequisite for any legal job.
- What makes someone successful in this role?
- Can you tell me about the culture and working environment in the firm?
- How is work allocated and how will I be supervised?
- What type of work can I expect to be doing as a newly qualified at the firm?
- Will I always work with the same partners/lawyers or can I expect to be working for people across different teams?
- How will my work be assessed? What kind of feedback can I expect to receive?
- How do you expect the firm to grow in the next five years?
- Is there a mentoring scheme in place and, if so, how does it work?
- How does the firm train junior solicitors in business development and networking?
- What sets the firm apart from its competitors?
- Can you tell me about the types of clients the firm has and describe some landmark cases/transactions?
Finally, there is no harm in enquiring about the next step in the recruitment process and when you can expect to hear further.
Worse than not asking any questions at all are those that show you in a bad light. The wrong step here can undo all your previous good work. Questions not to pose include:
- Anything that relates to the salary or how often it will be reviewed. It indicates to the interviewer that money is your priority rather than your career. This type of question is best dealt with through an intermediary or the person at the firm who arranged the interview with you.
- Anything about how quickly you can expect to be promoted. It is always good to come across as confident and ambitious, but this goes beyond that to presumptuousness.
- Who are the firm’s competitors? This shows that you have failed to do your research – not a good trait for a lawyer.
And tempting as it may be, don’t ask if you will get your own corner office with views across the City.
Given the requirements of the role candidates that wish to be considered must possess excellent academics, enjoy the intellectual demands of complex commercial litigation and be keen to learn and develop. In return, they can expect to gain exposure to truly top quality litigation matters covering a range of sectors and work closely with outstanding practitioners within the field of disputes. Such candidates will have trained at well regarded international law firms in the London with strong disputes offerings.
I appreciate the decision to pursue external roles is an important one. If you would like a no obligation call (no CV required initially) then please do reach out to Michael Madigan on 02076340281 or send an email to [email protected]
The PQE mentioned is only a guide. Anyone with the necessary skills to succeed may apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Commercial Litigation Associate NQ-2pqe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.
Nq Legal Jobs London
Nq Legal Jobs
- 7 days ago
- 13 days ago
- 15 days ago