‘Opportunity refers to the occasion suitable for or conducive to the behavior, including such factors as geography and time.’ ‘The occasion arose through the trip of the old people to Poppleton, given by Captain Grace, on the ‘River King’ a few weeks before.’.
- I understand that there are different Church groups, therefore, in my opinion the author should state 'Welcome Speeches and Responses for All Occasions' based on their Religious organization. There were very few responses in the book, and that was what I needed at the time.
- ‘Having some occasions or opportunities to do so is always rewarding and inspiring.’ ‘The special occasion gave guests the opportunity to meet the director, singers and dancers of the world renown opera.’ ‘The occasion afforded staff the opportunity of paying tribute to a long-standing member of staff.’.
- Antecedent stimulus associated with reinforcement, sets the occasion for the response to occur Sdelta any antecedent that is present when the behavior is not reinforced.
Reading Time: < 1minute
The Food Bank of Delaware reported it was overwhelmed by the response to a Monday drive-up food event in Dover and had to close early.
“Due to the overwhelming number of vehicles that came out early for today’s distribution at Dover International, the drive-thru food pantry is closed. Please dial 2-1-1 to connect with other food pantries in our community,” the Food Bank posted.
The Food Bank has helped drive-up events, due to a sharp increase in the number of people seeking assistance since since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic. The surge in demand has taken place throughout the country.
The Food Bank is based in Glasgow and has a second center in Milford.
What is Occasion Segmentation?
Occasion segmentation is the process of dividing the market into groups according to specific occasions related to the customer. Occasion segmentation focuses on slicing the market based on certain specific events during a particular time, when a customer is in a need of a product or a service. This type of segmentation is usually time bound and helps targets those customers who want a certain product for a certain event or occasion.
Importance of occasion segmentation
Some products or services are seen as being appropriate for a particular situation or occasion. Meaning, that the customer is looking for specific products on specific times or occasions. Occasion segmentation classifies the customers into time bound needs based on some certain important event in a persons life. Such products would be very useful during that particular occasion and would otherwise be irrelevant.
Occasion segmentation is one of the different ways of carrying out behavioral segmentation, as it uses the customer's buying behavior pattern of buying on occasions. Behavior segmentation is one of the four types of market segmentation.
Occasion segmentation is primarily divided into three types:
1. Occasions for all or universal - Results powerball oct 24 2018. These are certain events which happen for everyone around the world. Companies can use this time period and can cater to the needs of the customers.
2. Regular personal occasions - Certain important events occur regularly for people. Occasion segmentation helps identify those customers with a specific need during these events and can be targeted easily
3. Rare personal occasions- Some events happen very rarely for a customer but can be extremely important. Hence companies focus on targeting those customers who can buy their products or service during that particular occasion.
Occasion segmentation examples
1. Universal occasions- There are certain events which help companies target customers. Events like Christmas, Diwali, Easter is a good opportunity for chocolate companies to aggressively promote their products. Another example is during football world cup, companies selling footballs, merchandise etc can use occasion segmentation to tap the market better
2. Regular personal occasions - Events like a person's birthday or anniversary occur regularly. These are targeted by companies making cakes or gift items. Tour and travel companies often give discounts to couples travelling for their anniversary
3. Rare personal occasions- One of the major rare occasion in a person's life is their wedding. Occasion segmentation is done by wedding management companies, bridal dress brands, companies offering honeymoon packages, banquet halls etc.
Hence these are some examples where occasion segmentation is used to target customers effectively.
This article has been researched & authored by the Business Concepts Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse the definition and meaning of more similar terms. The Management Dictionary covers over 2000 business concepts from 6 categories.
Search & Explore : Business Concepts