Jun 12, 2020 RELATED: 25 'Missing You' Quotes To Send Close Family & Friends When You Miss Them. Family time is important. “The family is the first essential cell of human society.” — Pope John XXIII. More famous quotes, children quotes. Short Family Quotes. Go to table of contents. One-liners, short family quotes, sayings and thoughts for your bio, social status, self-talk, motto, mantra, signs, posters, wallpapers, backgrounds. Family makes a house a home. Jennifer Hudson. Where life begins and love never ends. 60 Family Quotes Share these family quotes and may they remind you of the importance of these special people in your life. Our families are the people we grew up with, our relationship with them is usually one of love and support. You will find quotes that we think are the best and reflect the culture today. Inspirational Quotes Quotes 21k Truth Quotes 19.5k Wisdom Quotes 18.5k Poetry Quotes 17.5k Romance Quotes 17k Death Quotes 16.5k Happiness Quotes 15.5k Faith Quotes 15k Hope Quotes 15k Inspiration Quotes 13.5k Quotes Quotes 13k.
It’s never easy to say goodbye to people you care about, but finding the right words to express how you feel can make the transition smoother and more memorable.
We’ve rounded up goodbye quotes to help make your goodbyes a little easier. Whether you are saying goodbye to a loved one or to a coworker, we’ve got a farewell quote for you.
Goodbye Quotes For Friends
Friends are the family that you get to choose. Your closest friends are your confidants, therapists, sidekicks and some of your biggest supporters. Make sure that they know however near or far they are, you’ll always be there for them.
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” -E.B. White (Charlotte’s Web)
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” -Richard Bach
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
- “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)
- “Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I’ll miss you until we meet again.” -Unknown
- “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” -Helen Keller
- “Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, though somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.” -Unknown
- “Good friends never say goodbye. They simply say “See you soon.” -Unknown
- “Though miles may lie between us, we are never far apart, for friendship doesn’t count miles, it’s measured by the heart.” -Unknown
- “You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.” -Tom Petty
- “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” -Henry David Thoreau
Goodbye Quotes For Coworkers
Coworkers have such a huge impact on our work environment. Depending on how close you are, saying goodbye to your coworker can be a huge blow. Even if you aren’t close to the person leaving, it is still polite to write them a short note. Let them know their contributions will be missed. These quotes would work great on their own or accompanied by a personal message.
For a close coworker
- “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” -Confucius
- “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” -Robert Southey
- “True friends don’t say good-bye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.” -Unknown
For an acquaintance
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.” -Garrison Keillor
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” -Semisonic
- “This is the beginning of anything you want.” -Unknown
- “Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.” -William Shakespeare
Funny Goodbye Quotes
Sometimes a lighter message is what’s most appropriate for the situation. Use a funny goodbye quote to send them off in good spirits.
- “Don’t ever tell anyone anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” -J.D. Salinger
- “Bye Felicia!” -Ice Cube (Friday)
- “It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world.” -John Green (Paper Towns)
- “I’ll see you in another life. When we are both cats.” -Tom Cruise (Vanilla Sky)
- “I make it easier for people to leave by making them hate me a little.” -Cecelia Ahern
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” -Oscar Wilde (The Duchess of Padua)
Goodbye Quotes For Family
Family is irreplaceable and forever. Even though you carry family in your heart at all times, physical distance causes real pain. Help support your family member in their new chapter and show them they’ll always have your love and support.
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” -Ernie Harwell
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” -Paulo Coelho
- “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” -Anatole France
- “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” -Ritu Ghatourey
- “It’s sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.” -Carrie Underwood
- “I can’t remember all the times I told myself to hold on to these moments as they pass.” -Counting Crows
- “It’s not the days in life we remember, rather the moments.” -Walt Disney
- “Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We’ll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times.” -Styx
- “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” -Flavia Weedn
- “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” -Wendy Wunder
Goodbye Quotes For Someone You Love
Saying goodbye to a significant other is one of the worst types of goodbyes. Whether the goodbye is permanent or temporary, it’s still very hard to be away from the person that you love.
Show him how much he means to you and how much you’ll miss him, while making sure he knows that you support his new chapter. Wikipedia 1995 in film.
- “The two hardest things to say in life is hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” -Moira Rogers
- “A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it.” -Helen Rowland
- “It takes a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye.” -Unknown
- “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” -Trey Parker
- “I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with.” -Unknown
She was always there for you when you needed her. Be there for her during this change in her life and let her know she is loved, appreciated and will be missed.
- “Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye isn’t what you want.” -Unknown
- “Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” -Dave Mustaine
- “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” -George Eliot
- “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” -Nicholas Sparks (The Notebook)
- “When I had to say goodbye to you, my love, it was like saying goodbye to my life.” -Unknown
If you will reunite
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” -Rumi
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” -Charles Dickens (Nicholas Nickleby)
- “You know it’s love when you have been saying goodbye for how many times but still you’re not ready to leave.” -Unknown
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, Some sunny day.” -Vera Lynn (We’ll Meet Again)
If you must part ways
- “You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.” -Kiera Cass
- “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” -Nicholas Sparks (Message in a Bottle)
- “I have learned along my journey that letting go doesn’t mean loving less.” -Alex Elle
- “Saying goodbye is the hardest solution of any problem. But sometimes it’s the only choice we have…” -Anurag Prakash Ray
- “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” -Unknown
- “Even if we can’t be together in the end, I’m glad that you were a part of my life.” -Unknown
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” -Dr. Seuss
- “You had me at hello, goodbye and everything in between.” -Shannon L. Alder
Quotes Family Christmas
These quotes and sayings are the perfect addition to your goodbye card. Pair your card with a personalized going away gift to send them off and show them that they will be missed. Hopefully these goodbye quotes and sayings help you express your feelings and make saying farewell a little easier.